[tei-council] FW: Further update on PH

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Sep 20 06:49:41 EDT 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> I think we must be careful here. On one hand we need to allow for some
>> sort of description (therefore <desc> or <note> on zones and surfaces
>> would be useful), but at the same time we don't want to re-invent
>> metadata for images.
>> So as we do elsewhere in the guidelines, i think we should point to
>> appropriate metadata for images when the purpose goes beyond the
>> simple connection image/text and brief description of the image
>> content. ]
> ok, so long as provide the mechanism for pointers. no point having
> <bibl> records
> or <surrogates> around, if we cannot trivially join them up. And by
> "trivially" I mean
> "preferably not using standoff linking". Some meals are too rich.

do you mean here that we shouldn't use att.global.linking (I am thinking
of @corresp here) or things like att.naming in places/persons?

I agree that in general in the guidelines we need to improve
recommendations on correspondence between specific occurrences of
'things' and the authorial information related to them.

Arianna
--
Dr Arianna Ciula
Research Associate