[tei-council] FW: Further update on PH

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 20 03:49:45 EDT 2007

Conal Tuohy wrote:

>>  - this <graphic> is colour, this <graphic> is infrared (both are of
>>    same zone and surface)
>>

> James (I think) mentioned the link to <surrogates> and I think this might be a good way to handle it (though I guess it requires the Manuscript Description module).
I'd be intrerested to see a worked example of thsi
>  Alternatively, one could use @type.

typeable

> Obliquity is an issue I've actually given some thought to. The current zone markup doesn't handle it (and this is evidenced in the gravestone example, where the perspectives of the 2 graphics are slightly different). However, the existing schema could be extended to handle perspective. Personally I'd be happy if we left this until v1.1
OK, I think I agree. we just need to make sure we are not painting
ourselves into a corner
with the simplest schema now described. is it clear how to extend to
circular and irregular areas?

>> do others recognise any of these scenarios? Lou and I imagined
>> how we would do the 1920/1960 one by using standoff links to
>> <bibl> records, but the others?
>>

> I agree, and I think @decls links to teiHeader//bibl records would handle this case.

can you elaborate? @decls on what? you mean @surface should be a member
of att.declarable?