[tei-council] new formatting of web version of Guidelines

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Sep 17 05:01:04 EDT 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Arianna Ciula wrote:
>> I wander whether we could combine some breadcrumbs at the top with one
>> or two navigation bars on the side.
> can you define what you mean by breadcrumbs? is that what we have at the
> top of the each right-hand
> minitoc, ie a route back to the top? or something else?

Breadcrumbs give you the path of where you are and the possibility to go
one step back.
See for instance
http://www.hofmeister.rhul.ac.uk/cocoon/hofmeister/content/database/indices/pubPlaces/Aa-Az.html
the black line in the banner contains breadcrumbs.

>> - Captions for figures need styling and some more room is needed for
>> figures.
> more room? can you elaborate?

Yes, images should have more room and the font of the caption should be
smaller. I think in general the font of everything should be smaller.
Verdana instead of Arial?

>> - There are some problems with the printable version. Characters get
>> all squeezed up.
> James, have you tried that?

Actually also in the main text some elements names get crashed with the
prose text.

>> - Specs: I think I prefer to see the children grouped by module.
> easy enough. but I want to hear more opinions on this, please.
>> I also wander whether a list would work better here than a continous
>> string.
> it could get quite long?

split into columns?

Arianna