[tei-council] Comments on Chapter 18, Tables, Formulae, and Graphics.

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Sep 16 18:57:33 EDT 2007

Lou wrote
> Indeed yes, an example would be useful. I am not even sure I
> understand what the text means (how can you have spanning which is
> *not* presentational?)

How can you have spanning which *is* presentational? if a label or data
spans
two columns, that's not just a jolly effect to make it look nice, its
because
the label or data applies to both columns.

I fear that I may differ from David fairly fundamentally in this
rigid distinction between presentation and structure (and believe me,
it hurts deep inside to even _consider_ disagreeing with David). Quite
often presentation is used to imply some structure, no?

then again its late.