[tei-council] new formatting of web version of Guidelines

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Sep 16 17:52:53 EDT 2007

Arianna Ciula wrote:
> I wander whether we could combine some breadcrumbs at the top with one
> or two navigation bars on the side.
can you define what you mean by breadcrumbs? is that what we have at the
top of the each right-hand
minitoc, ie a route back to the top? or something else?
> The boxes for navigation work well in the chapters but not as well in
> the specs where they take room and squeeze the tables.
yes, I am not happy about that at present
> - Captions for figures need styling and some more room is needed for
> figures.
more room? can you elaborate?

> - There are some problems with the printable version. Characters get
> all squeezed up.
James, have you tried that?

> - Specs: I think I prefer to see the children grouped by module.
easy enough. but I want to hear more opinions on this, please.
> I also wander whether a list would work better here than a continous
> string.
it could get quite long?

> - Visual design: I realise the focus of this effort was to make the
> site more functional and I think it succeeded, but I wander whether we
> can also make it more appealing with some simple visual design.
dang, and I bet James thought he was doing that already :-}
>   - Specs: we could use a colour scheme to make evident the separation
> between attribute names/values/notes
>   - I like green a lot but the yellow of the logo, the blue of the
> headings, the red of the arrows in footnotes and the green of the
> footer is a bit gaudy to me.
I don't disagree at all.  James, this is on your side of the net.....