[tei-council] new formatting of web version of Guidelines

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Sat Sep 15 01:24:03 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 22:56 +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Dan O'Donnell wrote:
> > My main problem with them at the moment is that I find it really hard to
> > get my mind around the front matter being listed in the right hand
> > column "after" (in for a reader used to left-to-right columns) the main
> > text.
> >
> the "home page" can be redesigned. Its an independent thing, hand-written
> at present.
> > I see that the button for switching schema is much clearer. Is it
> > possible perhaps to have the name of the schema we are looking at appear
> > as well? Maybe an h3 or something in the style sheet would do it.
> >
> you are not looking at a schema. you are looking at the derived content
> model for
> for a given element. there is no other information to show. Unless I
> misunderstand you?

Perhaps you are, or perhaps I am misunderstanding something. What I mean
is if the button says, show rnc, then I'm presumably looking at the rng
version; could we have that fact noted somewhere?

My preference would be for a series of radio buttons as Syd suggests (I
think), with the different options:

o RNC
o RNG

If I chose one, then that tells me what I'm looking at and what I can
choose.

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Department Chair and Associate Professor of English

Department of English
University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge AB T1K 3M4
Vox +1 403 329-2377