[tei-council] CO 3.3.3, entity names

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sun Sep 9 13:49:54 EDT 2007

> This whole section is due for an overhaul; indeed I thought we'd
> previously discussed deleting it completely.

Agreed: yes, it is, and yes, we had.

> Presumably you would point people to <g> in extremis, in much the
> same way as is done (with rather greater justification) in the new
> improved PH.

<g> is not available in the rend= attribute, but I'm not really sure
it needs to be discussed here.

> I dont think the pre and post stuff is a brownite notion: I believe
> it sprang fully formed from the brain of cmsmcq of immortal memory.

I can confirm that it's not a Brown invention -- it appeared in P2
before we were systematically using the rend= attribute; besides, the
Brown rendition ladder approach actually uses an entity reference:
   pre( &lsquo; ) post( &rsquo; )