[tei-council] CO 3.3.3, entity names

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Sep 9 06:19:36 EDT 2007

Lou's Laptop wrote:
> This whole section is due for an overhaul; indeed I thought we'd
> previously discussed deleting it completely. Any rewrite you care to
> submit to the editors will of course be treated with due solemnity and
> consideration.
I'll take that as a "no thanks", then.
> Presumably you would point people to <g> in extremis, in much the same
> way  as is done (with rather greater justification) in the new
> improved PH.
Saying that this "." is a sentence-ending dot rather than an
abbreviatory dot does
not seem like a use for <g> to me.  What do others think? I regard <g>
as being
there to record what you see on the original, but it is clear that this
"." really
is just a ".", but we have views on its semantics.  More like a <c>,  no?

> I dont think the pre and post stuff is a brownite notion: I believe it
> sprang fully formed from the brain of cmsmcq of immortal memory. tei
> trivia buffs may wish to correct me.
regardless of its origin, I am very sure that it has no place
here....