[tei-council] rename appendix C?

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Fri Sep 7 11:06:34 EDT 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Syd Bauman wrote:
>> 21 of the 30 macros described by appendix C are datatypes. I propose
>> that we rename the appendix to "Datatypes and other Macros".
>>
> I agree

Ditto.

>> For 5.1 we can think about whether or not these should be separate
>> appendices. (My gut reaction is "no, they should not", but I will not
>> be surprised if many users see these two things as very different,
>> and can see no reason why they should be combined.)
>>
> no strong feelings on this

mh...some are technical appendixes while others are more reference
material. In my opinion 'appendix' and 'prefatory' are a bit of a
contradiction.
For simplicity I would be tempted to leave A, B, C as they are and for
D, E and F I would take out the name 'appendix'.

Arianna

--
Dr Arianna Ciula
Research Associate