[tei-council] reference to chapters sections on Specs

Lou's Laptop lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 7 05:22:34 EDT 2007

Arianna Ciula wrote:
> I am not sure what generates the link between each element description
> and the section in the chapter/s where it's discussed (the @xml:id in
> <elementSpec> I guess?) in the specs, but I noticed that some elements
> don't have it.
>
> e.g. <geo> and <geoDecl>
>
> This may be something people are already aware of and that needs to be
> reviewed later on once the prose in the chapters is sort of finalised,
> but I thought I pointed it out since I have noticed it more than once.
>
> Arianna

This linkage is done by the @ident attribute on the *Spec element and
the @key element in the *Desc element. It's not an id/idref thang --
it's just a magic token.  Can't remember why we decided to do it that
way now, but it seemed a good idea at the time.  In my final pass
through I will probably therefore zap all the @id attributes remaining,
since they are confusing the issue.