[tei-council] Re: damage - what is it good for?

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Sep 3 18:29:05 EDT 2007

Thanks to everyone for their input.  I've now checked in a series of
changes which not only preserve <damage> but add <damageSpan> and a new
attribute @group designed to do the sort of grouping of bits of damage
Gabby describes here. The text already suggested using <join> for this
purpose, but no-one has ever understood that element, probably because
of the extreme obscurity of its discussion ...  When I feel a lot
stronger I might also add an example showing how you might use it for
this purpose  to SA.

I'm holding back on further changes to PH . As far as I know the
unresolved issues are only
(a) what <surface> means -- waiting for input from Conal
(b) what to do about hand/handDesc etc. -- I need to digest Arianna's
comments
(c) some more examples of use of <fw> are needed

Comments on other bits gratefully received!

Lou