[tei-council] concerns regarding <charDesc>

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Sep 3 04:51:09 EDT 2007

I could live with this change. However:

(a) I have an ousttanding action to make all listXXX things look the
same, and I don't think that would work for listChar (which would
presumably contain a mixture of char and glyph elements and wouldn'tt
self-nest)
(b) the pattern elsewhere in the header is to have a *decl including
multiple *desc
(c) each individual <char> or <glyph> is really a *desc

How about

nonstandardChars containing (charDesc|glyphDesc)+

I dunno what the <desc> is doing inside the current <charDesc> --
wouldnt it be more use be inside each <glyph> and <char> ?