[tei-council] testing facsimile

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Aug 27 15:09:12 EDT 2007

Lou Burnard wrote:
> Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>>
>> The @xdim and @ydim on <surface> are the result of a
>> longish discussion I just had with Lou about the relationship
>> between the image, which shows more than the gravestone,
>> and the object visible therein. The @xdim and @ydim define
>> the grid on which all child <zone>s depend; the @box on
>> <surface> describes the surface area.
>
> Now implemented. But I decided to call them xMax and yMax instead.

Si, if I understand well, xmax and yMax should give the whole
coordinated for the <surface> considered as the 'total' digital image
(e.g. a page of a manuscript that includes a scale and scanning plan);
while the box attribute describes the section of interest within it
(e.g. the page as unit of analysis). Correct?

I think Sebastian's example is a good one to show a straight forward use
(works with ie by the way, but not with firefox); although my thought
went straight to more complex cases of the Ecole des Charters dossiers
on paleography (e.g. http://theleme.enc.sorbonne.fr/dossiers/vue1.php).

Arianna