[tei-council] facsimile

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Aug 26 19:01:29 EDT 2007

staring at the correspondence, I tried to make sense of it by converting
some of my own work.  I find a situation where I have a record of
a facsimile, but not an image of it.  That is to say, I know the
catalogue number of the photograph, but don't have a JPEG.

Do people think I should be using some other markup
entirely, or using <facsimile> in some way? I know msdesc
has its <surrogates>, but as usual that's so bound up in
over-specific manuscript language I want to steer clear of it....