[tei-council] how about this one?

Lou's Laptop lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Aug 15 20:17:53 EDT 2007

I think I agree with Conal here. A zone defines some area within the
co-ordinate system defined by its parent surface. Nesting has no other
significance. If you allowed one zone to nest within another, the inner
zone would still have to define its area in terms of the co-ordinate
system defined by its grandparent surface. Therefore there is nothing to
be gained by nesting zones within each other. I considered other
possibilities for approx one nano second, before deciding that the
possible loss in prolixity was not worth the definite increase in
complexity.