[tei-council] Re: listZZZ things

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Aug 12 17:09:05 EDT 2007

COTHEY, Viv wrote:
> And mine (I think).
>
> Can I just check what is happening to <particLinks> which used to be in <listPerson> as a container for <relation>? Unless this is a slip of the finger <particLinks> would seem no longer to be required.

Well, it's not completely a slip of the finger. particLinks seems pretty
redundant to me. Especially if we go with your suggestion of allowing
<relation>s promiscuously within <person>s.

It seems tidier to put them all together, but since all the linking is
done by pointers there's no reason they can't just hang out wherever you
care to put them.

> I like what is being proposed for <listPerson>.  But I would like it even more if I could have, say
>
> <listPerson>
>   <person/>
>   <person/>
>   <relation/>
>   <person/>
>   <relation/>
>   <person/>
>   <person/>
>   <person/>
>   <relation/>
> </listPerson>
>
> and not have to put all the <relation/>s at the foot of the list which is my understanding of the effect of the straw proposal.
>

> Viv
>

> Viv Cothey
> Gloucestershire Archives

>>> listPlace: (headLike*, (placeLike|listPlace)+, relation*)