[tei-council] next telecon 2007-08-02 at 1200 UTC

Christian Wittern cwittern at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 19:58:52 EDT 2007

Lou Burnard wrote:
> Could we discuss the issue Elena Pierazzo has just raised on the Council
> list about the overlap between <handDesc> and <handList>?

On TEI-L in fact, since she is not a member of the Council. Yes, I will
add this to the agenda, but would prefer if arguments pro and con could
be brought forward here and now, so that we can flesh out what needs to
be done right away.
> I think it would be a shame to remove <handList> : my tentative proposal
> would be to add it as an optional element within <handDesc>, removing it
> from model.profileDescPart. This would mean you couldnt do it without
> including msDesc module but as Elena suggests this may not be such an
> imposition.

This sounds reasonable to me, although I don't do manuscripts and have
no actual experience with it.

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern