[tei-council] next telecon 2007-08-02 at 1200 UTC

Conal Tuohy Conal.Tuohy at vuw.ac.nz
Mon Jul 30 18:59:35 EDT 2007

I meant to reply to this point when James brought it up.

I think it's an easy one, actually.

The <gi>surrogates</gi> element is a container for information about digital or photographic surrogates of the manuscript.

The example at http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/html/ref-surrogates.html uses <bibl> elements to describe the different sets of surrogates, but really this information is not required to have any particular structure, unlike the proposed facsimile markup. I don't think <surrogates> needs to change.

 <surrogates>
   <bibl>
    <title type="gmd">diapositive</title>
    <idno>AM 74 a, fol.</idno>