[tei-council] time is running out ... <measure> and <ps>

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 30 17:40:08 EDT 2007

Lou Burnard wrote:
> It's intended for uses where you want to say "the measurements of most
> pages in this book are x y z; but it's not guaranteed that all of them
> are (some have been gnawed by moths)".
you MS guys are weird....

>> - plain text in <measureGrp>. can someone remind me the use case
>>  for this? at first sight (looking at the examples) I don't see it.
>
> <measureGrp>12 x 11 x 4</measureGrp>
I have to agree with Syd that this seems at odds with the rest of
<measureGrp>.
Using notation like "12 x 11 x 4" is on a level of evil with
<author>Becket, Samuel (1921-1996)</author>

> Really, I think the best solution is to bring back <dimensions>!
yes. it would seem much more honest to have <dimensions> as a container
for text.

but all this is small beer compared to <facsimile> and friends.

sebastian