[tei-council] facsimile - how to do stand-off facsimile markup?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 30 04:31:27 EDT 2007

Christian Wittern wrote:

> This reminds me that we might want to consider changing the "break" in
> the gloss of the elements pb, cb and lb to "begin" to reinforce the
> notion that it now is general practice in the text encoding community
> to put these things where they start.
it may be obvious to the TEI community, but others (I note minor systems
like HTML, Word, TeX)
think that line breaks come at the end of lines. Show me any other
system which starts a document with a
page break and a line break!

but I agree, changing "break to begin" would at least make it unambiguous.