[tei-council] facsimile - how to do stand-off facsimile markup?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jul 29 18:24:08 EDT 2007

Conal Tuohy wrote
> In what sense "loose"? It seems perfectly clear to me - and of course
> you well know that a <pb/> marks the start of a page
Only "By convention". It's not mandated. I continue to find it
simply odd to attach things to a page break. It just seems the
wrong container.

I may be beating my head on a brick wall [1]

I suppose my problem is that its unusual in the TEI
for element A to be bound to element B simply
by proximity. The normal methods are by explicit link
or by hierarchy.

[1] on the other hand, went to a wedding yesterday,
so the beating head _may_ be due to strong drink.

Sebastian