[tei-council] facsimile - how to do stand-off facsimile markup?

Conal Tuohy Conal.Tuohy at vuw.ac.nz
Sun Jul 29 08:46:16 EDT 2007

?

The units are implicitly pixels I suppose. In the demo I did at Berlin, I made the units explicit. In this current draft under discussion, we are using @coords borrowed from METS, which doesn't seem to have units. I don't know if this is actually an issue, since I think that facsimile images will be bitmaps and hence px is a reasonable unit. WDYT?

Sebastian wrote:
> I can relate to that much better (though I still don't get what units
> the coords are in), or which image they relate to.

Similar to the above.

In this case, the <area/> is relative to the <surface/> which has graphics p1.jpg and p1-thumbnail.jpg. Since the @scale of the first graphic = "1", therefore the coordinates can be interpreted to be equivalent to px in that graphic, whereas the second graphic has px which are 0.1 x that size.