[tei-council] facsimile - low-end markup

Dot Porter dporter at uky.edu
Thu Jul 26 17:16:23 EDT 2007

Would it make a difference if we allowed @url on <milestone> and <cb>
in addition to <pb>? I was going to say milestoneLike but having @url
on <lb> and <fw> doesn't make quite as much sense.

I would also like to see a separate <facsimile> structure for those
cases when there is more than one set of image files, but I also think
that the proposed pb at url = @coords will be useful for a lot of
projects.

Dot

On 7/26/07, Conal Tuohy <Conal.Tuohy at vuw.ac.nz> wrote:
> Sebastian, can you give a quick outline about you encode the multiple "surfaces" of your gravestones?
>
> I don't see why you could't delimit them in your transcription with <pb/> and treat them as a kind of page for the purpose of linking the intervening transcriptions with a corresponding <surface/>. But I'm not familiar with the gravestone markup language.
>
> If it's the mismatch of "page breaks" on a gravestone that irks, we would need some mechanism to link pieces of text with their <surface/>.
>
> Con

Dot Porter, University of Kentucky
#####
Program Coordinator
Collaboratory for Research in Computing for Humanities
dporter at uky.edu          859-257-9549
#####
Editorial Assistant, REVEAL Project
Center for Visualization and Virtual Environments
porter at vis.uky.edu