[tei-council] Re: figurin' about <figure> (fwd)

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Jul 25 13:46:27 EDT 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
>> Oh *that* sort of caption. Well, at a pinch, maybe. Well, maybe
>> that bit of text in the Guidelines (a recent addition I think)
>> needs clarification.
>
> Well, it has been around since P3. And clearly users have been using
> it for over a decade. I know we have been doing so here at the WWP,
> but also see http://listserv.brown.edu/?A2=ind9701&L=TEI-L&P=R682.

I don't see what Peter Gorman's comment has to do with this issue. His
examples are about linking, which is a completely different matter

> Other than change <p> to <ab>, what clarification would you propose?

I'm not so sure about changing to <ab> now. I think we should leaving
well alone, and getting back to our scheduled business: reviewing the
material from Dot and Conal.