[tei-council] Re: figurin' about <figure>

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Wed Jul 25 12:23:52 EDT 2007

> the markup matches what *I* think nested figures are for, but your
> words don't. The use is to describe a figure which contains (eg)
> two graphs captioned "(a) Before Harry Potter" and "(b) After Harry
> Potter", and an overall caption saying "Instances of black magic
> games amongst pre-teens".

Right, thanks.

> that model is very common indeed in scientific journals etc.

Yes, there are several in that Knuth book, even.

So unless someone else wants the task, I can try to come up with an
example. (Although I have to say, I like Sebastian's a lot :-)