[tei-council] Re: figurin' about <figure> (fwd)

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Wed Jul 25 12:21:33 EDT 2007

> I *think* Sebastian meant <head>, not <caption>. That's what I
> would do anyway. And I wouldnt hesitate to have multiple <head>s if
> nessa.

I wouldn't hesitate to have multiple <head> elements (perhaps
differentiated by type=), either, *if* the text in question seemed to
be heading-like. But I think some of these things are not
heading-like, but are longer winded descriptive things.

> If you can find a place in the Guidelines where we recommend coding
> a heading or caption with a <p> I will be very surprised.

>From #FTGRA:

     but by a paragraph or so of commentary or caption. One or more
     transcribe any caption or discussion of the figure in the
     source: