[tei-council] Proposal for choice, model.pPartEdit, and model.choicePart

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 06:18:10 EDT 2007

Here, fwiw, are my thought's on Matthew's proposals as posted yetsreday:

> a) a new grouping element <subst> for the special case where an <add>
> and a <del> are to be  understood as one action

fine by me, if people want to do that kind of thing. can it also appear
within an <edInt> though?

> b) use of <supplied> to indicate the supplied part of an expanded
> abbreviation

a shorter name would be nice. and i still don't see why abbbrv. deserves
this special treatment. why isnt expansion of abbrevn just a kind of
normalization?

> c) a new <edInt> element to mark specifically editorial (i.e. not
> physically visible in the source) interventions. If the intervention is
> an addition or deletion,  <edInt> should be used in preference to <add>
> or <del>; if a substitution, then the element contains a <sic> and
> </corr> pair like <choice>

i dont relish explaining why this is not just <choice>

i also think that <ed> is a much nicer name than <edInt>