[tei-council] Are model.inter and model.common in the wrong section of Chapter 1?

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Mon Jul 23 19:38:34 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 23:42 +0100, Lou Burnard wrote:
> Daniel O'Donnell wrote:
> > I was just looking at §§1.6.3 and 1.6.4. I wonder if model.common and
> > model.inter are not in the wrong place. Currently they are found in
> > §1.6.3: low level classes. I'm sure they should be in §1.6.4, High-level
> > classes, especially since the first sentence of that section says "The
> > following element classes are used to implement the threefold structural
> > distinction among phrases, chunks, and intermediate elements discussed
> > above in section 1.6.2 Model Classes." In actual fact, however, the
> > section only contains two classes: model.phrase and model.limitedPhrase.
> >
> These two sections still contain some misleading wording... there has
> been a lot of heavy surgery in order to get DTD specifics moved out
> whilst still ensuring that things get declared in the right order (this
> is one of the few places where order of declaration actually matters)
> and I think there is some residual scar tissue.
>
> I will take a closer look and try to clean it up as soon as I can. But I
> don't think the declarations are in the wrong place: just that the place
> they're in is wrongly described.

Wow that must have been pretty significant surgery if it demoted
model.common and model.inter to low level classes and restricted
high-level classes to model.phrase and model.limitedPhrase. We'll have
to rewrite chapter 1 throughout.

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Director, Digital Medievalist Project http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/