[tei-council] Proposal for choice, model.pPartEdit, and model.choicePart

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Jul 23 10:30:57 EDT 2007

>I've put Matthew's note up at
> http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/edInt.xml
>
> Briefly (and they are very brief), he proposes
>
> a) a new grouping element <subst> for the special case where an <add>
> and a <del> are to be  understood as one action

Seems reasonable as a way of grouping these two actions.

> b) use of <supplied> to indicate the supplied part of an expanded
> abbreviation
>
> c) a new <edInt> element to mark specifically editorial (i.e. not
> physically visible in the source) interventions. If the intervention is
> an addition or deletion,  <edInt> should be used in preference to <add>
> or <del>; if a substitution, then the element contains a <sic> and
> </corr> pair like <choice>

So where an editor had supplied the word 'foo' that would be:

The difference from choice when doing
explanation. (If I'm understanding it, the difference is with choice you
are meant to make that choice and choose one, whereas with edInt you have
equal access to one/both/none depending on your need?)

I suppose <ed> is out of the question instead of <edInt> ?

-James