[tei-council] Proposal for choice, model.pPartEdit, and model.choicePart

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Jul 23 09:51:01 EDT 2007

These proposals look interesting, but since they overlap in subject
matter at least with proposals from Matthew Driscoll, which first
appeared at our Berlin meeting, I think we should probably review the
latter first. I've put Matthew's note up at
http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/edInt.xml

Briefly (and they are very brief), he proposes

a) a new grouping element <subst> for the special case where an <add>
and a <del> are to be  understood as one action

b) use of <supplied> to indicate the supplied part of an expanded
abbreviation

c) a new <edInt> element to mark specifically editorial (i.e. not
physically visible in the source) interventions. If the intervention is
an addition or deletion,  <edInt> should be used in preference to <add>
or <del>; if a substitution, then the element contains a <sic> and
</corr> pair like <choice>

Comments?