[tei-council] oversimplification: <measure> isn't measured

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Fri Jul 20 05:26:32 EDT 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
> SB> In Berlin the TEI Council requested the creation of a new element,
> SB> <measureGrp>, which would replace the special-purpose <dimensions>
> SB> element. Was part of the point of this exercise to eliminate the
> SB> <measure type="height"> or some such instead?
>
> LB> No, I don't think so.
>
> Check. Anyone else have a useful recollection on this?

This is what I have in my notes from Berlin:
=============================
Manuscript Description.

DOD: use of extent/dimensions compared to measure (to be constrained
within this chapter); LB: chapter that lack integration with the class
model; redefinition of height and width (as special cases of measure)
and dimensions could be a grouped measure (all in measureLike class). We
would have particular constraints for the manuscript module (e.g. Always
height and width within the measurement group).

DOD: Dan
LB: Lou

not sure it helps...

Arianna