[tei-council] facsimile odd

Conal Tuohy conal.tuohy at vuw.ac.nz
Tue Jul 17 19:31:18 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 14:42 +0100, Lou Burnard wrote:
> Dot Porter wrote:

> >> or we
> >>
> >> I think the problem with that is that people (also) desperately want
> >> to assign coordinates directly to textual elements such as p.
> >>
> > Yes - and to scribal elements such as abbr, add, and to other
> > descriptive elements such as damage and unclear.
>

> Guys, @corresp is global.

Yes @corresp is global, so people can use stand-off if they want, but
the issue is that what most encoders seem to actually WANT is to use a
more direct style of markup in which coords are attached directly to
elements within the text, rather than necessarily use a stand-off style
of markup, so our draft attempts to support that, as well as a stand-off
style in which textual (or scribal) elements are linked to a tei:area
which itself has the coordinates attached.

Con