[tei-council] tei stemma model

Conal Tuohy Conal.Tuohy at vuw.ac.nz
Tue Jul 17 09:16:09 EDT 2007

I like it, but I have a question about the use of @n for reference.

I'd have thought the standard practice here would be to have @target be a URI reference to the @xml:id of a node. The node/@n could still be used as a textual label.

Alternatively, instead of using URI reference, we could use @key and @ident, as someone I think mentioned on the teleconference.

-----Original Message-----
From: tei-council-bounces at lists.village.Virginia.EDU on behalf of David J Birnbaum
Sent: Tue 17/07/07 13:09
To: TEI Council
Subject: [tei-council] tei stemma model

Dear Council,

At our last conference call, Council charged Matthew and me with coming
up with a proposal for modeling stemmata codicum (a specific type of
acyclic directed graph) within a TEI framework. In anticipation of
tomorrow's conference call, a proposal along those lines is now
available at:

http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~djb/private/article.html

This is a temporary URL, but it will be valid at least through the call.

I am still working on developing the XSLT needed to convert directly
from the descriptive model proposed in this article to SVG (an indirect
approach is already incorporated in the report), but that won't be ready
in time for tomorrow's call. Otherwise the report is more or less
complete, and, I hope, ready for discussion by Council.

Best,

David