[tei-council] <said> proposals available

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Mon Jul 16 12:54:40 EDT 2007

> Assuming that this proposal carries, I think the chapter should
> include some examples (presented as alternatives) using <q>, to
> reinforce the point that this is analogous to <hi>.

I think that's a good idea.

> Do we still want the list of entity names now that we don't really
> support character entities? In effect, these are now just suggested
> values for @rend, and mostly rather obscure ones at that.

Really good question. I think the first bit of that whole paragraph
(which is an awfully long paragraph that should probably be broken
up) could be replaced by a single sentence that boils down to
"indicate the quotation marks used in the rend= attribute; you can
type in the right charaacters, or used numeric character references,
or (if you don't mind having a DOCTYPE declaration) use named entity