[tei-council] <said> proposals available

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Mon Jul 16 12:32:21 EDT 2007

CW> One question that will need to be considered is which of these
CW> will go into TEI Lite? Is it only <q>?

My gut instinct is that TEI Tite should have only <q>, and that Lite

LB> TEI Lite currently has both <q> and <quote>, and this has
LB> silenced several critics of it, so I am reluctant to change it.

Good point. I wonder if critics would be happy with just <q> in the
new system where <q> explicitly has the expanded semantics? I bet
some would.