[tei-council] facsimile markup example

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Jul 12 12:26:06 EDT 2007

Conal Tuohy wrote:
> I would be grateful in particular if council members could comment on the revised Comenius example here:
>
> http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/trac/TEIP5/attachment/ticket/291/SA-LinkingSegmentationAlignment.xml

I apologise for taking so long to get round to looking at this (about a
month, by my reckoning).

Am I right in thinking that the only changes you've made in the text of
SA are (a) change Xpath to Xpointer at one point
(b) replace the SVG example by one using the (as yet undefined) <pg>
element?

Is there are a rather fuller description of the proposed <pg> element in
  existence somewhere? (fuller than what's in the fax.odd file attached
to the TRAC ticket, that is)

Do you envisage <pg> as being in a module of its own, or in an existing
module? if so, which? (PH or FT would seem the logical place)

The supplied ODD defines large numbers of attributes repeatedly, which
would probably be better done as an attribute class.

Just to check that I have understood this properly, are

<pb url="foo.jpg" n="1"/>
blah blah
<pb/>

and

<pg n="1">
<graphic url="foo.jpg"/>
blah blah
</pg>

exactly equivalent ways of showing that page one looks like "foo.jpg"
and has textual content "blah blah"?