[tei-council] formatting glitch: encoding inside <desc>

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 10 18:00:12 EDT 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:

> I have to admit I'm a bit curious: was it any more than changing
> something like <xsl:value-of select="normalize-space(.)"/> into
> soemthing like <xsl:apply-templates/>? Or was the hard part finding
> the right spot?

the problem was that the same template is called when making marked-up
output and when making schemas. in the latter case, I dont want the
markup code
getting through. the code is complicated by the need to choose the right
<desc>
depending on language. In the event, I ended up making a zillion
attempts to get it right.

the good news is that all <gloss> and <desc> handling
is in a single template....