[tei-council] please see Language Identification update

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 10 12:53:00 EDT 2007

Hi Syd,

I am not that competent in judging the content of this chapter, but here
are some notes on misspellings and similar:

- first time you mention Unicode I would add a link to its website or a
footnote with the link.
- as you suggest I would add links to IANA (I had made the same comments
for the ND chapter and now the links are there in the footnotes if you
want to use the same reference)
- word repetition --> 'We say that the single and double-storey symbols
both represent one and the same the same abstract character a'
- missing link or old reference --> '(see further 6.3 Highlighting and
Quotation)'
- misspelling --> 'Such documentation does cannot of itself guarantee
proper display'
- missing links --> 'some discussion of related matters is given in
Chapter 18 Transcription of Primary Sources, and Chapter 25
Representation of non-standard Characters and Glyphs' [...] 'Further
advice on the matter of locally-defined characters is contained in
Chapter 25 Representation of non-standard Characters and Glyphs.'
- mis-punctuation --> 'Ligatures (.e.g. the joining [...]'
- 'though for historians of typography their presence and form in a
given edition' --> I would say 'though for palaeographers and historians
of typography their presence and form in a given manuscript or edition'

Best,
Arianna