[tei-council] upcoming teleconference for the TEI Council on Jul 17 1200 UTC

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Jul 10 08:26:54 EDT 2007

The chapter was received a week or more ago, but I had some problems
getting it to validate. There were two chief areas of difficult -- one
relating to the use of <cit> and its changed content model; the other
relating to the section on "Using attribute values to capture alternate
views" (#DIMVAV)

As regards the first, I think we now have a xcontent model for cit which
does what is required without upsetting either DTD or XSD processorsm,
bvut it would be helpful if someone could check.

As regards the second, (which I don't think  has been modified since P3)
much of what it proposes seems  at variance with practice elsewhere in
the Guidelines, notably in the recommendation to use text valued
attributes. In the light of the availability of <choice> much of this
section seems at best eccentric. It would be very helpful   if someone
could read this attentively and make some suggestions -- or some
reassuring noises!