[tei-council] TRAC ticket 329 -- time to close?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 9 18:18:21 EDT 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
> In which module? I can't think of one more appropriate for the
> detailed encoding of dates and times than one with "dates" in its
> name.

in a new module, I meant. its not *wrong* in "namesdates" at all, but my
argument
is that its an order of magnitude more obscure than the rest of the module,

> I had not imagined that it would be possible to get the ODD software
> to do the right thing before 01 Nov, but if you think it's possible,
> I don't mind.
It's possible. I didn't say *I* would implement it :-}  Surely someone
else here has
the skills and interest to pick up some of these tasks? we're entering
P5 World in
a parlous state if I am the only person able to fix bugs in, or extend,
the ODD-processing
software. ......

[and anyone who says "but it isn't documented" can expect a call from me
with a hammer aimed at their kneecaps]
>  What would one put in the Schematron fragment that the
> ODD software would recognize as its hook? Or would there be some sort
> of implicit rule "if you see <sch:assert> or <sch:rule> elements
> floating about w/o a context, insert those Schematron elements into a
> rule with content='me' for each 'me' in members of this class"?

something like that, yes. I had not really thought it out.