[tei-council] TRAC ticket 329 -- time to close?

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Jul 9 18:04:20 EDT 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Syd Bauman wrote:
>> Is everyone happy with how dating attributes are handled now?
> I have a tiny niggling dislike of getting the iso variants when I load
> "namesdates",
> because I do that quite often, and I feel the iso* things are another
> level more obscure.
> In an ideal world I'd want them in another module.

I have more than a tiny dislike -- I *hate it* --  but I dont have a
solution, other than to throw the whole idea  of supporting both W3C and
ISO date formats out the window. Why didn't we just make our minds up to
support one or the other by default? It's not hard for someone to
redefine if they want to.