on datum= (was "Re: [tei-council] Glosses, glosses, everywhere, ...")

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Thu Jul 5 10:43:09 EDT 2007

SB> Why doesn't <geo> have the military grid reference system as a value
SB> of datum=?

SR> cos its a secret

Not a very well-kept one. (See below :-)

LB> I am not sure what you mean. ...

Sorry, wasn't very explicit there.

The datum= attribute of the <geoDecl> element has 4 sample values,
but <geo> only has 3:

       datum= of <geoDecl>     datum= of <geo>
       (open list)             (closed list)
       WGS84                   WGS84
       MGRS
       OSGB36                  OSGB36
       ED50                    ED50
                               other

I am far from an expert, and was not at the meetings, but without
further information I'd be inclined to make them both "semi" lists
with the values used on <geoDecl>.