[tei-council] Guidelines formattin

Wittern Christian cwittern at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 01:11:52 EDT 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Wittern Christian wrote:
>>
>> You do still (or again) have problems with the formatting here, for
>> example the documentation lines in RNG tend to run way out of the
>> box, the page, and everything.
> can you give me an example?
I am looking at
http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/Guidelines/en/guidelines-en.xml.ID=TC,
scrolling down to the second box where it says RNG, right after

Class: att.rdgPart

    RNC
     <rng:define name="att.rdgPart.attributes">
      <rng:ref name="att.rdgPart.attribute.wit"/>
     </rng:define>
     <rng:define name="att.rdgPart.attribute.wit">
      <rng:optional>
       <rng:attribute name="wit">
        <documentation xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/compatibility/annotations/1.0">contains a list of one or more sigla indicating the witnesses
    which begin or end at this point.</documentation>
        <rng:list>
         <rng:oneOrMore>
          <rng:ref name="data.pointer"/>
         </rng:oneOrMore>
        </rng:list>
       </rng:attribute>
      </rng:optional>
     </rng:define>

    If you now click on RNG to display the XML version, the documentation will extend beyond the Browser window almost to the Korean peninsula

>>> - process <mentioned> and <foreign> right
>>> - remove spurious notes from top level
>> Not exactly sure what that means, but you still have "include"
>> statements that seem a bit out of place.
>
> I must stress that I am not trying to pre-empt James and Dot's
> redesign at all.
> I am simply fixing some long-standing bugs, to give them the right data
> to work out how to display.
>
> Unless someone finds a bug in this, I am stopping this brief holiday
> and going back to writing the IM chapter
> (http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/Guidelines/en/guidelines-en.xml.ID=IM,
> oh that joyful task)

Great, on all counts.  And BTW, I like looking at the parents, it makes
the whole thing a lot more fun!

All the best

Christian

--