[tei-council] Formatting of the Guidelines

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 25 17:04:10 EDT 2007

Arianna Ciula wrote:
> - have 'back to top' after a certain number of divisions
can you explain this further? I dislike that sort of feature fairly
intensely, but
maybe it is just me. What algorithm do you propose fo rthis?
> - it would be good to have somewhere (if it's already there and I
> haven't seen it...sorry in advance) a citation system so that people
> can refer to specific sections of the guidelines. This is not directly
> related to the style, but the style can help a lot especially if
> consistency (e.g. internal numbering of paragraphs) is kept between
> default html and PDF for instance and if there is some indication of a
> date of publication different from the year.
we have numbered sections. surely that is all you need? ie "its in
section 16.3"? what else
could we have?
> - labels to switch between languages
thats a whole new area to consider
> - meaningful strings in title tags (see for instance links from first
> few paragraphs at
> http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/Guidelines/en/guidelines-en.xml.ID=CC)
I am not entirely sure why this does not "just work". I will investigate/.
> - I saw that the running lists of elements/classes have disappeared.
> Now, they were not beautiful, but I think we need some sort of index
> of elements/classes/macros different from the pages with the full
> specs. They are very useful to find things.
you'll have an index eventually, I assume.
> - there are also some issues in the specs:
>   - e.g. order and repetition of chapters under Note
got an example I can use to work on?
>   - I think the module should also have a link to the chapter where
> that module is described
I may be able to do that now.