[tei-council] rendition in ODD

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jun 23 06:11:41 EDT 2007

Lou Burnard wrote:
> but rendition, even default rendition, is not a property of the
> element itself, but of the document in which it appears. so it should
> not be polluting the  *spec, but tidily wrapped up in the header for
> the document in question, where it belongs,
so 50,000 documents each of which say that <term> should be in italic
have to have 50,000 <rendition> elements?
gimme break.

when I make an ODD, I say that _in this project_ @rend on <hi> will have
values
"bold", "underline" and "subscript", because I have observed this in my
documents.
I also want to record how to render those in CSS using font-style or
whatever.
what is more natural, and One Document Does it all-like, to store these
font-style
things with the relevant <valItem>?