[tei-council] Formatting of the Guidelines

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Fri Jun 22 12:49:30 EDT 2007

<cc'd to Chris and Julia>

> > I might well argue that the Guidelines web site should be quite
> > distinct from the Consortium, possibly a different server,
> > alongside eg Roma.
>
> Wouldn't this be confusing for users?  Why would they become members of
> this consortium thing if the Guidelines seem to have nothing to do with it
> and are  over there?  There might be practical benefits though.

It seems to me that associating the consortium quite firmly with its
main deliverable is a strong desideratum. Ultimately all our main
products and services should be at least from the user's perspective on
the "same" site. Of course it doesn't mean the same server, but we
should be aiming at seamlessness, IMO.

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Director, Digital Medievalist Project http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/