[tei-council] new title of namedates module

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Jun 16 11:44:49 EDT 2007

Daniel O'Donnell wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 17:35 +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> Well, I'm shocked, I am afraid. Entirely misleading and uninformative.
>>
>> Remember that the module name itself needs changing if the title changes.
>
> Or part of a much larger plot to get that element from physical
> bibliography in: custodialEvent or whatever it is called.

I must agree with Sebastian.  I strongly feel that the new name is entirely
misleading and uninformative.  While I will agree that 'names and dates' now
does the chapter a disservice by not recognising the amount of material for
describing persons/places/organisations, I believe that "Historical Data" is
really misleading.

Are you telling me that my tables of historical information are not historical
data? Or that my transcriptions aren't historical (or aren't data)?  Just seems
misleading and prone to creating confusion to me.

-James