[tei-council] Trac #346

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Jun 14 17:56:11 EDT 2007

I have now completed the first attempt at a major overhaul of chapter
ND, integrating the results from the meetings at Kings and Vilnius
earlier this year.

A lot of work remains to be done, but I think there's enough material
here to demonstrate
 that the framework and the basic ideas from those meetings are sound
enough to go forward to P5, with good will and a following wind.

Assuming that Council shares my view that this should proceed, I have
set up a mailing list to handle further work on reviewing this chapter.
Initially this will have attendees from the
two meetings but it would be good to expose the chapter to the wider TEI
community for comment  as soon as possible, since it contains much that
is new and may be controversial.
And, of course, council members who wish to join the list should also do
so: just send an empty message to tei-chars-subscribe at maillist.ox.ac.uk
(and dont ask why it is called tei-chars)

The idea would be to solicit comments within a short timescale -- up to
six weeks, say -- so that we have some hope of acting on them in time
for 1.0