[tei-council] change/@date should be change/@when, no?

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Jun 14 04:09:02 EDT 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
> Oh, and doesn't the same hold for value= of <docDate>? Shouldn't it
> be when=, too? (I think so, but it is less obvious than for <change>;
> a bit hard for me to think through both because of the late hour and
> because I'm not at all convinced <docDate> should exist. :-)

docDate has as much right to existence as the other doc* things I think.
But yes, both it and change should take a  @when  (I won't argue for a
@period)

While we're wreaking havoc with existing documents, it occurred to me
this morning that there was no other good reason why we shouldn't rename
@notBefore as @after and @notAfter as @before.