[tei-council] Ticket 110

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 13 12:49:15 EDT 2007

Daniel O'Donnell wrote:
> Here all the typos I'd found have been reported and fixed. There is one
> issue though: custodialHistory looks to me suspiciously like the newly
> redefined "event" element.

do you mean <custEvent>?

but anyway, can I suggest that we hold off on this area until
the revised ND with persons, places and orgs is done? Then
someone should read that, followed by MS, and see whether
some bits of MS can be normalized using ND. Maybe
Matthew would be the best placed person to do this
with Daniel, as representing the two ends of the spectrum.[1]

A word of warning, tho - beware of cross-module
dependency. To use event, state and trait in MS
would really mean putting them in the core, or
having a simple model in MS which would
be richer if namesdates was loaded.

Personally, I think the latter is an elegant way to work,
but it would require some delicate work, which I
believe would be a distraction this month.

[1] you can decide yourself what the spectrum is :-}